Download Action, Suspense, Cartoons, TV Series & Shows, Classical, Manga, Romance, Science Fiction, Western, and more...
Movies When I was a child I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies, and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I have ever dreamed has come true a thousand times. - Elvis Presley
Movies for ESL Teaching Movies can be easily integrated into the ESL curriculum. They are entertaining and allow the teacher a lot of flexibility. Those in cross-cultural context are especially useful - they develop communicative language skills. Many students can learn English by watching movies even faster than from textbooks. Almost every type of learning style can take advantage of language skills acquired from watching movies. How to Choose a Suitable Movie How should a teacher choose a suitable movie for English language teaching? Here are a few questions that need to be answered:
1. Can the content be easily understood by your students?
2. Had most of your students seen the movie before?
3. Is your students’ English language level appropriate for that particular movie?
4. Is the movie suitable for the age and social maturity of your students?
5. Is the movie appropriate culturally?
6. Does the movie contain embarrassed or offensive adult themes?
7. Are the objectives related to the focus on vocabulary development, listening skills, cross-cultural communication, or just a break after a difficult mid-semester examination?
8. Is the movie too long or too difficult to understand with a lot of slang, idioms and difficult accents? What is the Next Step A thoughtfully selected movie can inspire and motivate even the most skeptical ESL learners. All you need to do is to select a suitable movie and plan a few classroom activities for your students: explain difficult vocabulary, grammar, make sure that they understand the keywords, and prepare questions for discussion according to your students' English language level.
You can select a suitable movie for your students from the following list:
This website is free. No registration or login is required. Your assistance is needed. Please donate to improve this website. To donate, click here.
Materials on this website are published for research and educational purposes and information is presented as accurately as possible. ESL DRIVE is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Disclaimer.